This latest version of Edirectory offers a new feature: the Visitor account. The visitor account can write reviews, comments and create a profile that can be personalized. The user can also add favorites (previously quicklist) and view the favorites added on the profile page.
1. To add a visitor profile, click on the Add a profile link found at the Homepage of the directory:
2. This will take the user to the member profile page to enter the account information. The visitor should provide his/her email address and set a user password.
3. Also, the visitor will need to fill-up the contact information and click the submit button to complete the registration.
4. After successful registration the user can now modify and add information to his/her profile. To do this, the user can click on the edit my profile link, located below the profile page title.
5. This will take the user to the page to enter personal details, like user photo and twitter account.
6. The user can modify his/her account settings to chose which information can be visible to his public profile.
If the visitor wants to add an item (listing, event, classified, banner, article) he/she needs to upgrade the account to Sponsor (previously called member). The sponsors account can add items to the site.
The visitor could also log in to the site using an open id or a facebook account.
The user will need to enter his/her login details to associate the site with his/her Facebook account.