The eDirectory application allows the Site Manager to create custom web pages when he/she has some additional information to display in the directory front or in the Member accounts. However, the pages that can only be created are those in static form. On a static web page, the site visitor or Member may interact with the document through clicking available links, but the document has no capacity to return information that is not pre-formatted (or those contained in a database).
The Site Manager may want to create a page containing the Intellectual Property Policy and post the page link on the footer area of the Member accounts. This page after creating it will then display the same content for all Members.
To create a custom page, do the following:
- In the top navigation panel, click on the Site Content menu. After doing, a page will appear like the one shown below:
- Click on the Custom sub-menu on the top of this page.
- Click on the Add a Custom Web Page link.
- In the New Custom Web Page area (image shown below), do the following:
In the Page Name box, type the name that you want to give to this page that you are creating.
- In the SEO Center area (image shown below), do the following:
- Check the Sitemap option if you want this page to be included in your sitemap file.
- Click on the get url link. After doing this, the URL box will automatically have the URL of your custom page.
- In the Title, Description, and Keywords boxes, type the content values for the Meta tags. To know more about Meta tags, click here.
- In the Content area (image shown below), do the following:
In the HTML editor, type the content for this page. You can make use of the options on the top of the HTML editor to format the text, and to insert an image, link or table.
In eDirectory version 7.3.00, a new and improved HTML editor is added in this exact area to replace the Content editor (image shown here). With new this editor, you can use a wide variety of features for inputting the text field, editing the text with in it, adding smilies, spell checking, uploading videos, and many other features.
- Click on the Save button.
A custom web page does not automatically appear in the eDirectory site after it is created. You need to put a link to the body area of any existing web page of the site for the visitors to start accessing the newly created page.
To put a link in the body area of an existing web page, do the following:
- In the top navigation panel, go to Site Content menu.
- Click on any submenu found on the top portion of the new page depending on where you want to put the link. You can choose from General, Advertisement, Listing, Event, Classified, Article and Member. After clicking on a sub-menu, a new page will appear like the one shown below:
- Click on the Section Name (e.g., Home page). After doing this, a page will appear like the one shown below:
- In the HTML editor, type any text (or image) that will serve as the link (e.g., Click here to know more about our company, Read More, etc.).
- Highlight the text that you entered in step 4, then click on the icon found on the HTML editor toolbar. After doing this, a new window will appear like the one shown below:
- In the Address box, type the URL of the page that you have created. The URL is provided by the system after you create a custom web page (e.g., http://www.demodirectory.com/content/about-us.html)
- Click on the OK button. After doing this, the pop-up window will close.
- Click on the Save button below the HTML editor to apply all the changes.