Signing up is the most used method of creating a Member account. It allows Members to personally set their account and contact information, giving them the privilege to choose their desired username and to enter other required information in a more precise manner.
Aside from signing up which is performed by Members, there is another way of creating a Member account and this time it is performed by the Site Manager. Through the Site Manager account, adding, editing, deleting and viewing of Member accounts are made possible.
To add a Member account, do the following:
- In the left navigation panel, click on the Accounts menu. After doing this, a page will appear like the one shown below:
- Click on the Add sub-menu on the top of this page.
- In the Account Information area (image shown below), do the following:
- In the Username box, type the Login ID that you want to assign to the Member. You need not provide the Password because the application generates one automatically.
- Check the Password is going to be sent to Member E-mail Address option.
In eDirectory version 7.4.00, a username real time validation is added in the Username field of this form (image shown here). The application validates username availability once the Site Manager types the username for the Member account that he/she is creating. It also issues warnings regarding the character type and length validity of the provided username in real time.
- In the Contact Information area (image shown below), do the following:
- In the Language dropdown list, specify the language that the Member prefers. He/she can then receive e-mail notifications from the directory in the language specified.
A Member receives an e-mail notification when he/she performs an important action in his/her account or in the directory front. (To know more about e-mail notifications, click here)
- In the First Name, Last Name, Company, Address Line1, Address Line2, City, State, Postal Code, Country, Phone, Fax, E-mail, and URL boxes, provide the information being asked.
We advise you to double check the E-mail that you provide because that is where the Member’s assigned sign-in access will be sent.. When the member has his/her personal website, you can also put the website address in the URL box for reference purposes.
- Click on the Submit button.
All information you provided in the form (except the Username) can be edited by the Member (or the account owner) in his/her own account later on. Also, the information will not appear anywhere in the directory front and will only be visible to you and the Member.
Editing can be performed by the Site Manager when he/she wants to change the information that he/she supplied in the adding procedure.
To edit a Member account, do the following:
- In the left navigation panel, click on the Accounts menu.
- Click on the icon of the corresponding account that you want to edit.
- Do Steps 3 to 5 of the procedure that you perform when adding a new account. (Refer to the previous How To)