The administrative control panel in your Site Manager account uses a different interface. This interface as shown below is divided mainly into three parts – the top navigation panel, the left navigation panel, and the body. Menus can be found on either top or left navigation. Clicking on any of these menus will cause the body area to change.
TOP NAVIGATION PANEL
This contains the links that enable the Site Managers to set the options for the entire application. It includes:
- Home – Select this menu if you want the To Do Items list to be displayed again.
- My Account – Clicking on this menu will enable you to change your sign-in access.
- Settings – This is where you can control the behavior of the directory site. Changing the site theme, setting the prices, and disabling the claim feature are the most popular settings you can find here.
- Email Notifications – This is where you can see the list of e-mails (e.g., 30 day renewal reminder, forgotten password) that are sent automatically to users every time they perform an important action.
- Site Content – Make some text appear on the directory front by going to this section.
- About eDirectory – When you click on this menu, a pop-up window will appear containing some links and information about your eDirectory application such as your License Number, your Activation Code, and the complete list of features included in your authorized purchase.
- FAQ – This contains the answers to the Frequently Asked Questions (e.g., Who can “Claim this ad”?).
- Logout – The menu to select if you want to go exit your account in a safe manner.
LEFT NAVIGATION PANEL
The left panel provides a link to different options that Site Managers can use to manage all data entries and data flows in the application. This includes:
- Modules – Select this menu if you want to manage all items such as listings, events, classifieds, articles, and banners; and features such as galleries, and promotions.
- SEO Center – This helps your directory build traffic by optimizing the site for search engines such as Google.
- Accounts – Clicking on this menu will enable you to manage all Members and Site Manager accounts.
- Payment – Transaction and invoice history can be viewed in this section. This is also where you can create a custom invoice and a promotional code.
- Import/Export Data – Go to this section if you want to upload a file from your local PC, or download records from your account for backup purposes.
- Categories – This section enables you to divide and classify all items in your directory.
- Locations – Adding, editing or deleting countries, states or cities information can be performed in this section.
- Google Settings – This section allows you to enable or disable the use of Google Programs such as Ads, Maps, and Analytics in your directory site.
- Search Reports – This is where you can see the statistics of the keywords that have been searched by your site visitors.
- Language Center – Under this section, you can select the languages that will be used in your entire directory site.
The content of this area is dependent on the current menu selected by the Site Manager on the top or left navigation panel. By default, this area shows the To Do Items and the Central Data List.
- To Do Items
The information within the To Do Items allows the Site Manager to easily manage the administrative functions. All the pending tasks of the Site Manager are explicitly defined in this page. It shows the number of listings, events, classifieds, articles, banners, reviews, claimed listings and custom invoices that are waiting for the Site Manager’s approval. Clicking on any of the links takes the Site Manager to the corresponding section from where he/she can perform the necessary action or see the latest transactions.
- Central Data List
Through the central data list, the Site Manager can access and manage the most essential data in the directory site. The data includes the payments received, pending payments, total invoices, outstanding invoices, expired listings, activated accounts, expired accounts, etc.