Google Analytics is another free service offered by Google. It generates detailed statistics about a website’s traffic, giving the site owner an insight on how popular their site and its pages are; and helping him/her decides what web marketing strategies to take.
eDirectory is Google Analytics-ready. For you to be able to integrate it in your site, you should sign up for a Google Analytics account. Once you have it, poor performing pages can be identified, and you will be able to track where site visitors came from, how long they stayed and their geographical position.
To know more about Google Analytics, click here.
To enable Google Analytics, do the following:
- Begin by signing in Google Analytics’ official website. Use your Gmail login access to do so. After clicking on the Sign in button, a page will appear like the one shown below:
- Click on the Sign Up button and fill out all the necessary forms.
- After the whole signing-up procedure, you will be provided with a Tracking code as shown below:
You do not need to get the entire Tracking Code. The Account ID shown in the highlighted area (e.g., UA-104384-1) is the only information that we will be asking from you.
- Sign in to your Site Manager account and go to Google Settings > Google Analytics on the left navigation panel. After doing this, a page will appear like the one shown below:
- In the Google Analytics Account box, input the Account ID that you acquired in Step 4.
- In the Google Analytics Options, select the location/s where you like to integrate the Google Analytics (e.g., Front, Members, and Sitemgr).
- Click on the Submit button.
Once you have correctly enabled Google Analytics, you should wait up to 24 hours for data to appear in your Analytics account. If it has been more than this given span of time since you enabled it, then we advise you to sign in your account to start viewing your website’s Profiles and Analytics Reports (image shown below).