The Site Manager can refer to the Search Statistic Reports generated by the application when he/she wants to see the top searches in the directory front. By the help of these reports, search activities and trends can be analyzed.
The following are the information that you will be dealing with when using the search statistic reports:
- Top 15 Searches by Keywords – the list and chart showing the top keywords supplied by the site visitors in the Keyword field of the search panel.
- Top 15 Searches by Addresses – the list showing the top addresses supplied by the site visitors in the Where field of the search panel.
- Top 15 Searches by Categories – the list showing the top categories selected by the site visitors in the Category dropdown list of the advanced search panel.
- Top 15 Searches by Locations – the list showing the top locations selected by the site visitors in the Location dropdown lists of the advanced search panel.
To view the search statistic reports, do the following:
- In the left navigation panel, click on the Search Reports menu. After doing this, a page will appear like the one shown below:
In eDirectory version 7.0.15, the Site Manager can refresh the Statistic Reports at any time (image shown here). Viewing the Search Statistic Reports in this version is faster and more accurate because they are updated in real time. Just click on the Refresh Statistics Now link and the reports will be updated.
- Select a period in the Month and Year dropdown lists.
- Click on the Search button. After doing this, an area containing the reports will appear like the one shown below:
- Click on the sub-menus to view the other search statistics reports. Each of these submenus represents the different sections of the directory front (e.g., Listing submenu for the directory front’s Listing section).
General Searches sub-menu is for the Home, Promotions, Advertise With Us, and Contact Us sections of the directory front.