A quick reminder that we’ll be conducting a complimentary SEO Crash Course webinar tomorrow, October 10th at 10:00AM EST.
Some things we’ll cover in the webinar
-What is SEO?
-A brief History of SEO
-Black Hat SEO
-First steps to Optimizing
-It’s All About the Keywords
-On Site Optimizations
-Off Site Optimizations
-Leveraging Social Media
-How can eDirectory Help?
For those interested in learning the basics of SEO and what you can do to better optimize your directory site, this is a great presentation.
Hope to see you there!
The latest version of the leading online directory software solution is now live. From improved site manager features to expanded social bookmarking settings, eDirectory’s latest version reflects feedback from our clients over the last several months. Here is a list of the more notable changes:
- New Social Bookmarking - LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter
- New Browse by Location layout: clean and organized.
- Advanced Search box can be closed
- The user can choose to show or hide the map on the results pages.
- The site manager can enable/disable the google maps feature.
- A color selector was added in the listing templates section, so now the site manager can choose the colors easily.
- The site manager can choose the listing levels that will have promotions.
- The site manager can refresh the Statistic Reports at any time.
- eDirectory now works with Amazon Simple Pay payment gateway. This new gateway works with Amazon Simple Pay Standard and Amazon Simple Pay Subscriptions (the recurring can be monthly or yearly).
- The charset was changed from ISO 8859-1 to UTF-8.
PS.: If you’re a current client and have some suggestions on features we should include in our next release, I’d love to hear from you. Please email me at jared . elder @ edirectory . com
A little over 5 years ago I rented a small office, hired 2 young developers and opened for business. The idea was simple – software and services for digital media. Back in 2003 the dot com bubble had burst, but the Internet was still growing rapidly, and then as today, grand opportunities seemed abundant despite the economic uncertainty.
Fast forward to 2009- our company has grown quite a bit. We closed last year with 51 full-time employees in our two offices, and a wide range of customers from publicly traded media companies, to decades old (but surprisingly modern) family owned publishers, to the T-shirt guy in his home-office getting the next “it” site off the ground. eDirectory, our flagship product, is now used to power more than a thousand online directories, guides and yellow page websites. As print industry revenue is collapsing, publishers must remember they are in the media business and the demand for content is increasing with all the new outlets, not decreasing. For all-digital startups, this rapid change in landscape marks a unique opportunity.
During our year end review there was a constant standout– we need to share our knowledge to make our customers more successful. With this in mind we cornered off a small space on eDirectory to launch the eDirectory blog.
We intend to post one or two times a week with success stories, monetization strategies, product announcements, and maybe the occasionally anecdote to keep it engaging- I’ll try to push the one about getting robbed in Rio past editorial.
Stay tuned, and please post your comments – we intend for this to be a forum for your success online.