For directories, conversion goals are crucial to track and measuring the success of your marketing efforts. These goals help you to identify the actions your users take on your website that ultimately lead to a conversion, such as a purchase, a subscription, or a lead submission. In this article, we will explore how to set up and track conversion goals in Google Analytics for directories and how to export the goals report for further analysis.
Setting up Conversion Goals in Google Analytics
Before setting up conversion goals in Google Analytics, you need to have a clear understanding of your business objectives and the actions you want your users to take on your website. Once you have identified your goals, follow these steps to set them up in Google Analytics:
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account and select the website you want to set up conversion goals for.
- Click on the Admin button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Under the View column, click on Goals.
- Click on the New Goal button and choose the type of goal you want to create, such as Destination, Duration, Pages/Screens per Session, or Event.
- Fill in the details of your goal, such as the destination URL, the duration or pages/screens per session, or the event details.
- Click on Create Goal to save your goal.
Exporting the Goals Report in Google Analytics
Once you have set up your conversion goals in Google Analytics, you can export the Goals report to track and analyze the performance of your goals over time. Follow these steps to export the Goals report:
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account and select the website you want to export the Goals report for.
- Click on the Reporting tab at the top of the screen.
- Click on Conversions in the left-hand menu and then click on Goals.
- Choose the goal you want to export the report for and click on it.
- Click on the Export button in the top right corner of the screen and choose the format you want to export the report in, such as PDF, CSV, or Excel.
- Save the exported report to your computer.
Tracking and measuring your conversion goals is essential to the success of your directory website. By setting up conversion goals in Google Analytics and exporting the Goals report, you can gain valuable insights into the behavior of your users and optimize your website accordingly.
Webinar: Marketing Conversion Goals for Directories
USEFUL LINKS AND TOOLS MENTIONED IN THE WEBINAR
- Webinar deck (.pdf)
- Webinar: Tips to Improve Your Home Page
- Webinar: Optimize your Conversion Rates
- [UA→GA4] Goals migration tool – Analytics Help
*We are not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected to the tools and sites mentioned in the webinar.
This session was recorded on February 22th, 2022.
- Don’t forget to register for eDirectory’s next Webinar.
- Join our closed Facebook Group for tips and news
- Do you want to know what eDirectory can do for you? Sign up for a free guided Demo here.
Want more tips? Shoot us a note at marketing@eDirectory.com.